These ice lollies are lovely and creamy like ice cream yet also remind me of Italian granita my father in law makes. The hint of lime is a nice hit against the coconut. You can use coconut yoghurt or even coconut cream to make these. As well as coating with chocolate for an extra texture and flavour combination. This recipe makes 4 ice lollies. if you have a 6 lollie mould, just add some extra milk.
- 125g Greek or coconut yoghurt
- 150ml Coconut milk or coconut cream
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Zest of 1 lime
- melted chocolate – optional for coating once frozen
- Whip all the ingredients together and transfer to ice pop/ lolly moulds and freeze.
- If covering in chocolate. Before serving melt some chocolate and dip the Lollie into the chocolate. It should go hard quickly. However, if you want you can place it back in the freezer ideally upright until it’s hard. Another option is to lightly spray the moulds with a neutral oil. Then coat with chocolate, let it almost harden before adding the coconut mixture. Personally, I just dip the tips.