I am currently sweltering in a heatwave with the temperature in my kitchen in the region of 41 C +. So this has lead to an endless supply of ice cream and ice lollies being consumed to stay cool. I made this out of some remnants of frozen fruit I had plus some fresh and the result was lovely. There is a tartness from the black cherry but also a nice sweet hit from the strawberries and other berries in the mix. This frozen bag of mixed berries has a good selection of blackberries, red berries, raspberries, mulberry, and strawberries which gives the gorgeous color. I would say a good blender, Nutri bullet, or similar is needed.
- 2 cups of frozen mixed berries
- 10 fresh black cherries
- 6 fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp mayple syrup
- 1 cup water. ( I like coconut water)
- Put everything into the blender at a high speed and blitz for about 3 minutes until smooth. If you think it’s a bit thick, add a little more water.
- It’s optional but you can strain the liquid in case there are any tiny seeds depending on the fruit in your mix.
- Pour into ice lolly moulds and freeze.
- I made 4 lolly moulds as seen in the picture as well as 4 slurpy moulds. You can add a little extra water if you want to stretch it to a few more moulds.