Moorish flapjacks and chocolate, what’s not to like? These take only minutes to whip together from pantry staples and make the perfect accompaniment for a cup of tea, lunchtime snack or picnic treat. You can make them as a biscuit, using about a tablespoon per biscuit and possibly reduce the cooking time by about 5 minutes. You can also use a gluten-free flour alternative and vegan butter.
- 125g rolled oats
- 100g plain flour
- 150g unsalted butter, melted
- half tsp baking powder
- 2 heaped tsp golden syrup (3 level spoons)
- 60g dark chocolate chips or buttons broken
- 2 heaped tsp organic cocoa powder
- 25g dried cranberries, raisins or sultanas – optional
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan)/350F/Gas 4 and line a 7″ square brownie tin with parchment.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour into the tray, flattening with a spoon so it’s smooth and even.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Let cool before slicing into squares. Drizzle with chocolate if you wish and sprinkle with bee pollen or dehydrated raspberries.