Firstly this is not my own recipe, but one I came across when going through my mums old recipes. This one for chocolate chip cookies was ripped from a magazine as far as I can tell, possibly something called Cooking Essentials. Either way its worth sharing as they are perfect for Easter. I have been informed they are best cookies I have ever made (praise indeed) . I used a mix of dark chocolate block and dark chocolate buttons roughly chopped instead of milk chocolate. Its really easy too which is always a bonus. Hope you like them.
- 225g unsalted butter softened
- 175g soft light brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 275g self raising flour
- 2tbsp cocoa powder
- 2tbsp milk
- 225g milk chocolate chunks (small)
- Beat the sugar, butter and vanilla essence until fluffy.
- Gradually add the beaten egg beating continually.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder into the mixture and beat.
- Fold in the milk and chocolate pieces.
- On a greased/ lined tray put one tablespoon of mixture, flattening slightly with two fingers space between the mixture to allow for spreading.
- Bake in a preheated oven 190˚C/375˚F/Gas Mark 5 until golden brown.
- Let cool fully on a wire rack.