Quick, tasty and full of colour and goodness. This is a great picnic salad, side salad, lunch on the go or inside a sandwich. You can top with grilled chicken if you want to bulk it up for a tasty work lunch. I use various different dressings but will pop my mustard dressing here too. This feeds 3-4 people as a side order.
- 4 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander, including stalks (2 big handfuls)
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- half a yellow pepper chopped in small cubes
- 1 large carrot grated
- 6 green olives halved
- 4 gerkins sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 spring onions finely chopped (including green part)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Prep all your ingredients except for the leaves and place into your bowl or serving dish. Do not mix together.
- Taking your spinach, coriander and basil. Place on a board in a pile and give a rough chop. Pop this on top of the other ingredients but do not toss until servicing or the leaves cab look a bit wilted. Give a little season before serving.
- Serve with your favourite dressing.
Whole Grain Mustard & Honey dressing.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoons honey
- juice of quarter a lemon. (about a tablespoon)
- Whisk or shake it up. Tada!