Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. My perfect kind of cookie. I use smooth peanut butter but you can use whatever nut butter you like. It makes about 9 good sized cookies. And is really quick to prepare with one bowl and a fork.
- 110g rolled oats
- 80ml maple syrup
- 1 egg or flax egg
- 125g smooth peanut butter
- 25g sultanas
- 30g tiny dark chocolate drops
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 180°C Fan
- Taking 50g of your rolled oats, blitz them to a powder.
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix with a fork or spoon until combined. It will be wet!
- Using a tablespoon, spoon out onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Slightly shape into a round and gently press down. You can roll with your hands if you prefer into little balls (size of a ping pong ball) and lightly press but don’t flatten. Allow for some space between each biscuit to spread. (I like big slightly wonky cookies!)
- Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes until just golden. let cool so the they set and harden. Enjoy.
Let me know how you get on, if you use different nut butters or mix it up with cranberries or other dried fruit. You can use normal or gluten free flour instead of oat or a mix. In addition, to make these vegan, a flax egg also works well. (1 tablespoon ground flax with 3 of water. )