Possibly the best banana bread I have ever tasted or made. Enough said.
- 110g Soft brown sugar
- 75g smooth peanut butter
- 225g Self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 egg or flax egg
- 2 large ripe bananas or 3 small ones
- ½ teaspoon vailla extract
- handful of chocolate buttons or chocolate chips. (25g)
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C & line 900g/ 2lb loaf tin with parchment. I give it a light grease or spray with sunflower oil before putting in the parchment.
- In a large bowl whisk or beat with a wooden spoon the sugar, peanut butter, vanilla and egg.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, if using and a pinch of salt into the buttery mixture. I find its easier to do this a bit at a time between stirring. Once mixed add the chocolate buttons and fold in.
- Pour into the lined loaf tin and bake for 50-60 minutes until golden on top and passes the knife test.
- You can mix in a mixer or with an electric whisk, but this way saves on the wash up. I make this with and without cinnamon. I prefer without but the jury in the house can swing both ways.
- The cake will freeze really well. I slice it, wrap in wax paper for lunch box treats. Double the recipe to make a second loaf.