This is a lovely summer salad perfect for a quick lunch, picnic, or summer bbq buffet. You can use any type of beans you like, however, I love the color Kidney beans give. Also, Ditali Lisci pasta No.84 are tiny little tubes of pasta. They look like a lego piece. You can use penne, fusilli, or your pasta of choice. The mustard dressing has a kick to it so maybe graduate the mustard to see what you’re happy with. I love dijon mustard.
Ingredients – Salad
- 1 x 400g tin kidney beans drained & rinsed
- 1 x 200g tin borlotti beans
- 150g sweet corn (frozen or tinned)
- 1 large spring onions (scallion) finely sliced.
- 8 cherry tomatoes cut in quarters
- ½ red pepper sliced into cubes
- 250g Ditali Lisci pasta, cooked. (any pasta of choice is fine)
- Cook your pasta in salted water to packet instructions.
- Put everything into a large bowl. and gently mix
- season with salt & pepper then serve, topping with dressing as required.
Dijon Dressing – Ingredients
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard (use less if you want to taste as you go to get the kick you want).
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ thyme (fresh or day)
- ¼ garlic salt
Whisk everything together. Have a taste to make sure it’s balanced and adjust where necessary, either some more oil, a touch of sweetness, or a hint of more mustard. Pour on salad as serving.