Cashew Cheese & Onion Dip
100g Cashew nuts (simmered for 5-10 minutes till soft) 1 125g Carton of Soya natural yoghurt 1 tsp Dijon mustard 1 tsp Garlic powder 1 tsp Onion salt 2 Spring onions (finely chopped) 6 tbsp Nutritional Yeast flakes (heaped spoons!) 1 tbsp Olive oil Dash of water (as needed to mix) Salt & pepper to season [/recipe ingredients]
- Pop the cashews in some water and put on to simmer while you measure out the other ingredients.
- Finely slice the spring onions and put to one side as you will need them near the end.
- Once the cashews are slightly softened, strain and pop into your processor. Blitz for about a minute or two until they are broken down. You can add a dash of water to help this along (but only a little).
- Once the cashews are broken down (like a crumb or paste) add in the remaining ingredients except the spring onions and whiz up to a creamy texture. Add a little water if it seems to thick. should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Once its creamy add in the spring onions and give it a 30-second blitz. till smooth.
- Serve garnished with chopped coriander spring onions or chives. ENJOY!!